BARAGA BULLETIN: JANUARY, 2022
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hoping everyone is surviving our garden-less months. Spring is on the way, the days are longer and the weather…well, who knows?!!!
If you have not yet renewed your membership and plot rental for 2022 the deadline is January 31, 2022. Please send an e-transfer or cheque and mail your signed membership form to Box 209 – 4974 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4M9. Or send a scan of your membership form (Signed) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hoping to have an in-person AGM in March, but we are being cautious. If need be, we may postpone until the summer and have an AGM outside at the garden. More to come soon. We we will be sending out the AGM package by February 15 should we decide to go ahead with the March AGM. Mark your calendar and please read the details here:
March 5, 2022 1:00-3:00
At the Allan Emmott Center, 6650 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, BC V5E 4M7
- You will need proof of vaccination for this Burnaby City event. You will need to wear a mask and our capacity will be limited to 50, so you may be turned back if you arrive late.
- There will be NO membership renewals allowed. In order to register, you will need to have renewed your membership/plot rental and paid any outstanding CSH. We will have this information on record, so you don’t need to bring proof.
- There will be NO food or drinks served.
NEW DIRECTORS and HELPERS
We are looking for new directors to hold various positions on the board. If you are interested, please check out this interesting/informative link to help you make your decision. If you have any questions about any of the positions, please contact us – we are happy to respond!
Nominations for positions can be sent to Chris Mann, our nominations coordinator at email@example.com by February 14, 2022. We will also be accepting nominations off the floor at the AGM.
We are also looking for help with putting the Seedling together. If you have any expertise in putting together a newsletter, we’d appreciate your help.
WORKSHOP ON RESTORING SOIL
Burnaby School and Continuing Education
https://www.burnabycce.ca/courses/restoring-soil-health would like to invite
you and your friends to attend a multi-day, intensive course on Restoring Soil Health on Farms, Gardens and Cities.
– March 2nd & 9th – 6:30 – 9:00 PM (Wednesdays)
– March 5th & 12th – 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Saturdays)
Now is the time to start pruning your fruit trees. Some members have been reminded that their fruit trees are over-sized (over 7 feet high). If you need any advice, please contact the directors and we’ll try to help out