LAST BARAGA WORK PARTY
Saturday, October 10, 9:00-12:00. Meet at parking lot and remember to follow Provincial Covid-19 Guidelines:
- DO NOT come to the garden if you have any COVID‐19-like symptoms suchas a sore throat, fever, sneezing, or coughing. You must self‐isolate athome for a minimum of 14 days from the onset of symptoms, until yoursymptoms are completely resolved.
- DO NOT come to the garden if you live in the same household as a confirmed or clinical COVID-19 case who is self-isolating.
- Practice social distancing – keep 2 meters between you and other members unless they are a member of your household. We will try and assign family members to the same task.
- DO Wear a mask and/or face shield. Use other protective clothing such as disposable gloves. Members must provide their own masks and/or shields and gloves.
- Bring your own soap and sanitizer. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water and avoid touching your face.
- If a task seems to be unsafe – stop and reassess. Discuss the work party with Director(s) – if you still feel uncomfortable, refuse or stop doing the
- We will provide bottled water but will not have any snacks available. If you need a snack, bring your own.
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
For those who have not completed their CSH’s, you have two options: 1) Look at the list on the bulletin boards of jobs that can be done outside of work party times. Complete a job, take a picture and send it with details on #of hours and date to firstname.lastname@example.org or 2) Pay the $100 (full plot) or $50(half plot) in lieu of CSH.
FOOD BANK BOX CLOSED FOR THE YEAR
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Foodbank this year. The white box is closed for the year.
BARAGA gardeners are welcome to visit Ryan’s Rainbow Foodbank on Thursdays between 11 and 3 p.m. Ask for Teresa and she will introduce you to the other volunteers and the Foodbank recipients.
They look to every opportunity to thank us. Gardening tips are welcome. They operate out of Cliff Avenue United Church at 1600 Cliff Avenue in North Burnaby.